mherger wrote:
> > The Logitech App only users JSON/RPC whatever it talks to. It's the
> > reason it only works from LMS 7.5.4 on (that's the first version with
> > full JSON/RPC support for menus)
>
> Makes me wonder what makes you think so, as if you checked the changelog
>
> you might figure out that we worked hard to make LMS compatible with
> cometd using long-polling especially for the app ;-).
>
> The app is using cometd, falling back to json/rpc if needed.
>
> --
>
> Michael

Don't know exactly where it came from but I know I had a number of
discussions with Andy at the time about which protocol to use when and
what is changed in 7.5.x

And then, of course, there was the fact that back when MySB used to
crash every holiday your App usually was the only one still working. I
checked why that is and found it to use JSON/RPC.

Didn't think you would only use it as a fallback although that was the
exact solution I considered for iPeng at the time, too. But then MySB
stabilized (keeping fingers crossed for this year) and I never actually
implemented it.

---
learn more about iPeng, the iPhone and iPad remote for the Squeezebox
and
*New: Logitech UE Smart Radio* as well as iPeng Party, the free
Party-App,
at penguinlovesmusic.com