garym wrote:
> perfect. thanks for the usb connection info.

iPad with CCK is still one of the few options out there that support
native 96kHz playback. Not 100% sure whether SqueezePad now supports
this, too, though and I will refrain from shamelessly promoting my
audiophile iThingy post blog post here.
But iThingies really make for good players when used with USB audio,
they even allow you to use the volume control without losing
bit-perfectness since the colume information is sent separately and
could be used by the dock or amp e.g. on the analog side. (Disclaimer:
again, I'm not 100% sure this works with SqueezePad but in this case I'm
confident, I believe SqueezePad also just changes the system volume
which should do the trick).

It's more difficult with the newer iThingies since AFAIK there are still
_no_ docks for the lightning adaptor that support USB audio (old ones
with the adapter work, but only with 48kHz). Which is a shame because
Apple insists that under iOS 7 the 96 kHz output would also work with
iPhones from the iPhone 5 on.

---
learn more about iPeng, the iPhone and iPad remote for the Squeezebox
and
Logitech UE Smart Radio as well as iPeng Party, the free Party-App,
at penguinlovesmusic.com
*New: iPeng 7, the Universal App for iOS 7*