I'm not 100% certain about this, but I vaguely recall that the WIFI and
ethernet  connections of the TOUCH would have separate IP addresses,
etc. So if doing static IP, one would set this up for the TOUCH for
ethernet network connection and also setup for WIFI connection.  (I
could be entirely wrong about this as I haven't setup networks on my
players in years).

I think its been mentioned already, but worth noting that some folks get
sideways with their networks when all of a sudden their player is on one
local network (e.g., the WIFI "guest" network) and the server is on the
regular network. And these two don't talk to each other. That sort of
thing is worth checking out.

*Location 1:* VortexBox 4TB (2.2) > LMS 7.8 > Transporter, Touch, Boom,
Radio w/Battery (all ethernet except Radio)
*Location 2:* VBA 3TB (2.2) > LMS 7.8 > Touch > Benchmark DAC I, Boom,
Radio w/Battery (all ethernet except Radio)
*Office:* Win7(64) > LMS 7.8 > Squeezelite
*Spares:* VBA 4TB, SB3, Touch (3), Radio (3), CONTROLLER
*Controllers:* iPhone4S & iPad2 (iPeng7 & Squeezepad), CONTROLLER, or
SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win7(64) laptop
Ripping (FLAC) - dbpoweramp, Tagging - mp3tag, Streaming - Spotify