well.. a factory reset of the Touch still didn't work.

To try and further diagnose this, I wonder, is there something
intrinsically different from the Touch devices that would make them more
susceptible to network issues, as opposed to other Squeezedevices?

If all's going well, I have 8 devices connected. 4 x Touch and 4
'others' - 2 Booms and 2 SB3/Classics. Throughout my router reboots etc
of the last few days, the Booms and Classics have come through
undisturbed. The Booms and one Classic are wi-fi connected; the other
Classic is ethernet over powerline.

I now have two Touches which have managed to reconnect and find LMS; I
still have two Touches which just don't seem to be able to 'break
through' and find the Network - but all four Touches dropped off at the
same time. Wouldn't that point to something?

Ta

SB "user" since 2000...
3 x Touch; 2 x Boom ; 3 x Classic; 1 x Controller
Spares - 1xClassic; 2xSB1
Controlled by iPad using 'Squeezepad'
Vortexbox appliance running LMS version 7.8