Man in a van wrote:
> Sire, prithee, hast thou snapshots to share and speaker details?
>
> your grovelling subject thanks thee. (tips cap)

Here are some photos of the boards and speakers.  The speakers I went
for were the Peerless Vifa NE95W-04 Full Range Speakers which I got from
https://www.falconacoustics.co.uk/  I chose them on spec without having
had a chance to listen to them and I have still to build them into a
cabinet to assess them properly.  However I did do a lash up with a
£4.99 Maplin speaker and there was a considerable difference!

19333193321933419335

I have built the hardware into a cardboard box to see how it might all
fit together before I start making a proper cabinet.  I have had some
issues with the wi-fi connection.  Not sure if this is because of the
proximity of the speakers or 19v supply or being shielded by the screen
itself but it is much better if I hang the wifi transmitter out on the
end of a USB extension cable.

I've also tried out both the Max2play and Picoreplayer software.  Both
have Jivelite built in, work from the touch-screen and are easy to
configure from a web-interface but I'm not sure which to prefer yet.
I've had some issues which wouldn't be fair to blame on the software
because they may have been due to (e.g.) my wifi signal interference.
Will report back when I have formed some clearer opinion.

|Filename: 20151125_220604.jpg                                      |
|Download: http://forums.slimdevices.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=19335|