ashleyw wrote:
> hey guys, for several years I was running RPI2s with hifiberry cards in
> them for syncd multi room using squeezelite primarily with Triodes
> Spotify plugin - the sync was never that great.
> Fro the last 4 months I've been running 9 x Chromecast audio - they work
> brilliantly and the integration into android is slick (along with the
> setup) and audio quality is brilliant. The sync over wifi is 100%, and
> it's trivial to group/re group audio zones etc, there are no audio drop
> outs at all. I must say I haven't looked back at all and even my family
> can operate the Chromecast audios so WAF is good (and CCs are cheap).
>
> With things like Plex (for local music libraries) supporting audio cast,
> what is the use case for the squeezebox ecosystem any more (just
> checking before I sell all my RPIs in case I've missed something).
>
> any thoughts?

Have to Transporters. Sounds much better than CC. Dynamic playlists,
rating, replay gain, lastmix plugin combined with local music and Tidal
..... A few good reasons...

Callesoroe
Living room: Transporter, Tact RCS 2.2X digital preamp, Martin Logan
Vista speakers, AMPS(Icepower): Acoustic Reality Ear Enigma
PLUS(PANELS), Acoustic Reality Ear TWO MKII(Bas)
Kitchen: Receiver - S.M.S.L DAC, Prodipe Pro 5 active bi-amp speakers.
Bedroom: Receiver+UE boombox, Kids: Receiver+Active speakers, Office:
Transporter, JBL LSR305 active speakers , TIDAL HIFI flac streaming.
http://www.last.fm/user/callesoroe