Tony T wrote:
> What I never understood was why Logitech did not make their UE Wireless
> speakers (and other brands) compatible with LMS.  It would be great if
> there was a way to have a portable wireless (or BT) speaker connect to
> my LMS.
Could be many reasons, at the top I suspect is that it just was two
completely different departments under the Logitech umbrella working on
the products, possibly on opposite sides of the world. Typical for big
companies.
And if they against all odds were aware of each other, most likely they
didn't see that the potential increase in sales LMS compatibility might
generate would warrant the increased development cost. That would have
been my assessment at least.
I also suspect that most speakers of that kind (regardless of brand) for
cost reasons are built around a few pretty specialized chipsets.
Probably somewhere between difficult and impossible to implement the
necessary protocols.