I can't remember the last time I bought a CD in a brick-and-mortar
store. I haven't been inside a Best Buy for many years, and I don't
recall that I've ever been inside a Target. I don't really understand
why anybody goes into places like that.

Which is not to say I don't buy CDs, or electronics. But why go out
among the grunting, belching, herds, when I can have stuff brought
directly to my house?

There are still a few items I go out to buy in stores. Musical
instruments, I prefer to hold in my hands and try out before buying.
Some foodstuff that doesn't really ship very well. Most clothing, I like
to see the size and quality, or try on. A few other special items that
can't really be judged by photographs online. But most of what I need or
want, I select, order, and purchase online. This is, after all, the 21st
century, not the 19th.