I rented a car, in March to drive to a ski area. Guess what? No CD
player ! I usually travel with direct CD to CD copies of music I leave
at home. That way if my "traveling" CDs get scratched or forgotten in a
rental car, no problem.

SO I had to stop the car in the Alberta wilderness, and pair my Samsung
Smart Phone to Bluetooth in the car, to listen to my music. Another
reason to buy a Samsung Galaxy phone, with a separate slot for a micro
SD card, to travel with your own music.
Incidentally, this area I was driving through had limited to no Cellular
coverage, so streaming music off the "cloud" wasn't an option.