jimzak wrote:
> Coincidentally, I have an unused DS1815+ that I just put into service
> for the first time.
>
> I have mounted the "test" drive as NFS.
>
> I am assuming that I will be able to "see" this folder/drive in
> Squeezebox server and via Madsonic's add folders?
>
> Thanks for a great suggestion.
>
> Additionally, I will implement 6 or 8 TB drives (thanks for the
> suggestion above) in some sort of RAID to ensure that drive failure will
> not be catastrophic.
>
> Unfortunately buying 4-6 high capacity NAS drives will NOT come cheaply.

To answer your specific question - yes LMS should be able to see your
music via nfs Mount.
Remember the playlist folder needs to be writable.
Permissions are the only real issue operating in this mode but once you
understand what’s going on with users etc and why then it’s a piece of
I have a Vortexbox 2.4 running on an HP54 with a single SSD but which
reads and writes to my 4 bay QNAP.
I don’t run subsonic or mad sonic but I do run both LMS and Plex on the
HP with all files stored on NAS.
A Pi running PiCorePlayer with files on NAS is also a realistic way of
operating but I found the Pi’s networking capability to be a bit borked
from time to time when operating a number of players in sync and
therefore prefer the processing power of a proper PC

VB2.4[/B] STORAGE *QNAP TS419P (NFS)
[B]Living Room* - Joggler & SB3 -> Onkyo TS606 -> Celestion F20s
*Office* - Pi3+Sreen -> Sony TAFE320 -> Celestion F10s / Pi2+DAC & SB3
-> Onkyo CRN755 -> Wharfedale Modus Cubes
*Dining Room* -> SB Boom
*Kitchen* -> UE Radio (upgraded to SB Radio)
*Bedroom (Bedside)* - Pi2+DAC ->ToppingTP21 ->AKG Headphones
*Bedroom (TV)* - SB Touch ->Sherwood AVR ->Mordaunt Short M10s
Everything controlled by iPeng