d6jg wrote:
> To answer your specific question - yes LMS should be able to see your
> music via nfs Mount.
> Remember the playlist folder needs to be writable.
> Permissions are the only real issue operating in this mode but once you
> understand what’s going on with users etc and why then it’s a piece of
> I have a Vortexbox 2.4 running on an HP54 with a single SSD but which
> reads and writes to my 4 bay QNAP.
> I don’t run subsonic or mad sonic but I do run both LMS and Plex on the
> HP with all files stored on NAS.
> A Pi running PiCorePlayer with files on NAS is also a realistic way of
> operating but I found the Pi’s networking capability to be a bit borked
> from time to time when operating a number of players in sync and
> therefore prefer the processing power of a proper PC

The web interface doesn't see the NAS but the Control Panel in the
Windows tray allows one to put in the login credentials for the NAS and
then the NAS is visible.

I just scored a couple of 8 TB NAS drives.  I'll wait for a sale, and
get two more.

I checked the Madsonic forum and the process is similar, via logging
into the NAS via the Madsonic service.

My only concern is that transferring all this music to the NAS will take
days but I'm not in a hurry, and I can leave the status quo in place
during the transfer process.

http://zzzone.net
http://have-a-nice-day.org
http://www.last.fm/user/zzzoneDOTnet
http://somethingsomethingsomething.net

SBS 7.9 - i7 nuc - Win 10 64bit
5 Booms, 2 Radio, 3 Touch, 1 Duet, 5 piCorePlayers including 3
touchscreen, 1 Avy
2 controllers, various tablets/phones
Apps including iPeng, Squeeze Ctrl etc.
'Library' (http://zzzone.net/photo/2009/music1.jpg): 397,000+ FLAC/MP3