Jeff07971 wrote:
> Excellent !
>
> I know that Centos 7 will run on a D510 just in case you decide to go
> that way.
>
> I would reccommend a minimal install whichever distro you choose as the
> Tranquil will probably be quite light on RAM
>
> The SSD option would be a good idea as you have a relatively small
> collection and a 250GB SSD is fairly cheap
> I would suggest you use the HDD to start with to make sure everything
> works OK before spending on a SSD
>
> Good Luck
>
> Jeff

Thanks! tbh, I have no way of deciding whether to use 'Centos 7'
(https://wiki.centos.org/Download) or any other distribution. I will
take advice fomr here about what's easiest and best.

What's the point getting the current HDD working if I will blow away the
installation with a SSD install? I reckon 500GB might be a good
comprimise, not break the bank but future proof me some.