Man in a van wrote:
> Well yesterday I ordered one of these,
>
> https://shop.pimoroni.com/products/fan-shim?variant=29210095812691&currency=GBP&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=google+shopping&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI-uy276m54wIVx7HtCh1IxwM7EAQYASABEgKOWvD_BwE

That seems quite effective.  Will be interesting to see if it can hold
55 degrees under load.  Remind me - is your 4B in any sort of case?

I've ordered a larger heatsink (40mm x 40mm x 11mm), just to see if the
extra side length is enough to make any difference.  It'll need a small
adjustment to fit around the camera connector, but if it works to
dissipate more heat energy (rather than just storing more) it'll be
simpler to use than my Heath-Robinson thermal link to the amplifier
chassis.

In the meantime I wrote my first ever Python script (yay!), to plot a
longer term CPU temperature log.

[image:
http://www.cjh.me.uk/MyPhotobucket/cache/DIYHifi/RPi%20Board/RPi4%20CPU%20Temperature%20Log%20test_640.jpg]