There seems to be a fair amount of resistance to using the Pi4 for LMS,
based on heat issues, and reports seem to suggest that in an enclosed
case with no airflow it can run very hot.  I should stress that in my
application, with a 40mm heatsink and a bit of convection airflow,
running LMS and Sqeezelite and serving various players doesn't cause any
heat problems at all.

So I was wondering whether anyone has tried underclocking the Pi4 to the
point where the temperature is similar to a 3B+.  Would the performance
running LMS then end up similar to a 3B+ (which of course is more than
adequate), or would the new processor, extra ram, USB3 and gigabit
ethernet all contribute to an improvement over the 3B+?