brjoon1021 wrote:
> I suppose I do not know how the Pi and the squeezex would work together
> ?  I have never used either.

The SB3 squeezebox is an "endpoint/Player" and is connected to the
inputs of your stereo, or the inputs of a DAC (which is connected to
your stereo).  The rPi is a headless microcomputer, the size of a deck
of cards, that runs LMS, the music server that will feed your own music
files to the SB3 player, over your internal network, either via ethernet
or WIFI. The rPi will access your local music, by either attaching a USB
drive containing your music to the rPi, or mapping a NAS on your
network, if you store your files on a local NAS.    Once setup, you can
control playback on the SB3 using the remote that came with the SB3,
using a web browser on any computer connected to your network, or using
various apps available for smart phones and tablets.

Note: you can use any computer you have to run LMS instead of the rPi
mentioned above.

All in all, it's an amazing music ecosystem!

*Home:* VBA2.5 4TB -or- rPi4B/pCP6.1/4TB>LMS 7.9.3>Transporter, Touch,
Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
*Cottage:* rPi4B/pCP6.1/4TB>LMS 7.9.3>Touch>Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio
w/Battery (ethernet except Radio WIFI)
*Office:* Win10(64)>foobar2000
*The Wild: *rPi3B+/pCP4.0, hifiberry Dac+Pro, 4TB USB (LMS &
Squeezelite)
*Controllers:* iPhone11 & iPadAir3 (iPeng), CONTROLLER, Material Skin,
or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win10(64)
*Files:* -Ripping-: dbpoweramp > FLAC; -Post-rip-: mp3tag, PerfectTunes;
-Streaming:- Spotify