@Paul Webster

Ref: MAI (Music and Artist Information)

Plugin now installed and library rescanned. I initially thought its
purpose was not what I wanted as the "Information" clicky in the
uninstalled plugin list returned an empty page and I had not much to go
on.

But the plugin has now been installed and the library cleared and
rescanned. Lots more data in there and some more album covers display,
but by no means all. Many of the CDs without cover art were privately
published by Cathedrals, so the data may not be in the general database,
and many of those CDs were bought and ripped 20 years ago. A couple of
Albums display the rear and not the front of the case artwork! I must
have an old and very untidy library which will never be cleaned up
fully. Some of the flacs were given me by others sourced goodness know
where. I have two or even three copies of some albums!

Is it possible to edit the raw files from within the Raspberry Pi, or
will I have to figure out how Samba works and edit from another machine?
Or else plug the USB drive back into my PC and edit there.

Many, but not all of my CDs I will have ripped on Foobar.

Are there plans to add a CD ripper to the PiCorePlayer suite. It would
be rather good to plug a USB CD drive into my rPi and rip to default
settings and default folder.

So many questions. So much to learn. Thanks for your patience.

Brian

In UK: rPi4 running LMS, Chromecast Audio Dongle and Chromecast Video
Dongle attached to TV - Beresford DAC - Quad 77 Integrated Amp  - AVI
Neutron 4 Speakers - Sennheiser HD25 Headphones. Boom in Bedroom.

In Nicosia: LMS running on a small form factor Windows PC, Beresford DAC
into Quad 405-2 and MB Quart 980s