results, please visit http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=17185
Question: Who wants a Squeezebox Boombox?

- I'm interested.
- No, thanks.

I'm on the "need it" side of the fence.  I could totally use something
like this - an integrated Squeezebox housed with portable amped
speakers that runs on batteries (optionally).  No CAT5 port needed;
just make it 802.11 G and all will be good.  On the patio, on my porch,
hell - in the bathroom during a shower - I could find use for such a
device.  Definately a niche product though.

It could be more expensive, but not by much.  Since many users might
jump ship to such a device if it possesses the same features as the
standard SB3, there'd have to be a happy medium.

Perhaps an OLED display (lower power consumption than a vacuum
fluorescent), but that may be cost prohibitive until the technology
matures at the manufacturing level.

Anyway, as said before it would definately be a niche product - WiFi
has it's limits.  I'd love to have one though!  ;-)

--
EnochLight