Yes, that's true. I signed-up with this forum before I had gmail. I know that hotmail does annoying things, so I've taken to removing previous posts - as I did with this one. That said:

1) Yes, it is linux, FC5 to be exact.
2) I installed the tarball over the rpm, but the rpm installs (I think) additional files like start-up scripts. 3) I've actually posted on this particular issue under three different threads. 4) All that said, I was mostly suprised because this forum has always been very helpful before, despite my e-mail handicap.

So, what's best? Continue under this cover, or try and switch my account to use gmail?