On 6-May-06, at 11:37 AM, Virgus wrote:

If I press stop/pause/skip on the server AND press play on the client
player then the command is accepted and executed instantly by the
server instead of the 6-8 seconds wait.

This would be due to the client making a new request. This flushes the buffer and kicks in with the new stream. otherwise, it is all part of the same old stream and you have to sort out the mingling of slimserver and client-side buffering. Winamp can buffer several minues of streamed audio if set to do so. I used to do this way back when I would play my home music via slimserver when visiting the UK. It needed the huge buffer to get past the long distance and NTL's excuse for "broadband".

-k