Josh Coalson;142954 Wrote:
> --- luga00 <luga00.2f5g0n1159958401 (AT) no-mx (DOT)
> forums.slimdevices.com>
> wrote:
> > Windows Media Player does support FLAC through DirectShow filters.
> > Do a search on Google.
>
> here's how:
> http://www.losslessaudioblog.com/?p=40

It doesn't work very well, though.  There were weird inconsistencies
with the metadata, and random bugginess.  I tried it out, and decided
it was worth the incredible pain to get Foobar working properly
instead.

> I don't think anything outside a
> windows PC supports wma lossless natively.

Windows Mobile devices also support WMA Lossless natively.  This means
not only telephones (which is fairly useless, because a 1GB miniSD card
isn't exactly the ideal place for lossless), but also Portable Media
Center devices (far more useful, especially with a 60GB Toshiba
player).

Nothing running non-Microsoft operating systems supports WMA Lossless,
though.

--
mkozlows