On 12/4/06, Mitch Harding <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I'm running SS 6.5.1 (a nightly from a couple weeks back) on WinXP SP2 with
a 1GHz Athlon and 512MB RAM.  My typical playlists have 3-4k tracks.  When I
add or delete tracks from them, or try to save them, the web interface takes
5-10 seconds to respond to each transaction.  While I am doing this, the
clocks on my SBs often skip several seconds.

This happens whether I make the changes locally on the SS system itself (via
a web interface to localhost:9000) or from a different system, so I would be
surprised if this was a network issue.

I had always assumed this was normal SS behavior.  Is there someone out
there working with 3-4k playlists who is experiencing better response time?

Hm, my comment was assuming a different use case; I don't build
massive playlists and make changes in them; people who do that should
comment on their performance. Still, as Triode points out, performance
problems won't go away without some help in troubleshooting.

--
"I spent all me tin with the ladies drinking gin,
So across the Western ocean I must wander" -- traditional