I thought about getting wireless speakers to transmit music from the
audio system in the living room to the kitchen. But the reviews I read
of various wireless speakers were all pretty negative: interference,
static, difficulties tuning in to the transmitter on the hifi, etc.
That, plus consideration of the hassle of having to go into the living
room to change what was playing made the decision simple: get a
separate SB for the kitchen, along with a pair of inexpensive powered
(active) speakers.

Tell your kids they did such a great job with this birthday present
that you want an advance on the next one!

--
aubuti