Fewer cables and untidy racks of CDs - happy woman!

However - won't tolerate speaker stands (God have I tried) - so my
bookshelf speakers are currently directing sound from the under mounted
bass port straight into a wooden floor (although they are on short
spikes).  I can live with it but it's frustrating knowing how much
better they could sound by raising them off the floor a tad.

All that said - I doubt she would use it without me or the kids there -
she did complain once that it wasn't working - I tried to point out
helpfully that it was also necessary to turn the amp on - this was a
mistake it appears. I should have just 'fixed' it quietly.

Apparently men can be so patronising - as if? ;-)

--
Andyb01

Wired squeezebox, WinXP SP2, SlimServer 6.5 v 2006-11-23, Player
Firmware Version: 69