I find I'm getting the same problem at times but I need to check it's
nothing up with the ripped tracks.  I fairly certain now it isn't.
Only noticed it on one SB3 at the moment.

It's wirless running from a QNAP TS109 Pro on a Netgear DG834PN.
Signal strength never lowe than 60%.

Symptoms are that a track will be playing then sound simply stops
coming from speakers.  Track progress bar continues to move and the
'Now Playing' screen saver with the twin VU bars continues to show as
if playing.  Often I find that either increasing the volume (and no
these are not quiet sections of tracks), re-strating the track or
skipping to the next seems to kick it back into life.

--
Empgamer

Streamers: 2 x SB3 / 1 x SoftSqueeze
NAS: QNAP TS109 Pro (v.1.1.2) / Slimserver (6.5.4)
Spkrs: 1 x Accoustic Energy Aego M / 1 x Audioengine A5
Router: Netgear DG834PN (v 1.3.18)
Windows XP Home Media Centre on Dell XPS 600