Hi Frank,
Well been delving on my Linux server and found as already
pointed out by Fletch that only local connections are enabled.

This should be dead easy to change as it is only a setting in the
my.cnf file to alter the bind address from the current 127.0.0.1 to
whatever your servers ip is.   lol However I have tried that but the
my.cnf file gets overwritten and reset to the original every time I
restart it!  Very annoying.

Don't suppose anyone knows what in Slimserver is resetting the
/var/cache/slimserver/my.cnf file do they?
I think it is being created from a /var/share/slimserver/my.tt file but
not sure how to change that to set the correct ip as it isn't a straight
copy but full of variables.

--
alanj

Cheers