radish;255127 Wrote:
> I disagree here too, it's the potential (and how the potential has
> actually been realised historically) that keeps me buying SD products.
> Obviously the thing has to do what you want from day 1, but if you know
> there's a pretty good chance it will be doing even more soon - why isn't
> that a good thing?

Well, but if something doesn't meet your needs today, I'd have a hard
time recommending it because it might meet your needs in a year; I
mean, you can always buy it then, when it actually does what you want,
you know?

That said, it's worth emphasizing to people who are new to Slim Devices
that their track record in terms of realizing potential and fixing bugs
and adding new capabilities is truly phenomenal.  Yeah, their initial
releases of new capability are unpolished and rough, but they WILL keep
iterating and get it right, and then make it better than they ever
promised initially.

I have no intention of buying the Duet, but while that's largely
because it doesn't match up well with my usage model (sit close enough
to the AV center to read the display now, use a universal remote to
control all devices), it's also very much because my SB2 is so much
better now than it was when I first bought it.  Even my original SB1 is
way better than it was at first, due to free upgrades (Slimserver
enhancements) and paid ones (adding the G screen when that became
available).

--
mkozlows