Skunk;255121 Wrote:
> It "made me feel the opposite". I'd consider an honest evaluation to be
> one that at least waits for an official firmware release, and maybe
> even uses the actual hardware being sold.

You can only be honest about what you have seen and held in your hands.
The remote is being shown to engadget reporters and at CES, so I think
it's fair to comment on how it is right now. It may change a huge
amount between now and release (20 days?) and will surely improve over
time, but that doesn't make any comments made right now dishonest.

Guessing what it might be in the future would potentially be
misleading, don't you think? And after all Slim have always told beta
testers to be frank and honest in their appraisals, it would help
no-one if it were pure fan boy nonsense.

As I said in my post, I do feel slightly unfaithful making the comments
after the generosity of Slim in sending me a controller, but I stick by
them, the beta isn't as good as I hoped for. It is cheaper, faster and
more functional than a Sonos and that may be good enough, but it isn't
there yet for me.

--
CardinalFang