results, please visit http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=42805
Question: Would you buy a Slim Devices/Logitech branded amp?

- YES!
- NO!

JJZolx;263218 Wrote:

> Since the Logitech strategy lately appears to be aimed in the direction
> of Sonos and their type of customer, I think it's a pretty safe bet that
> you can expect a receiver with a built in amp.  Probably something more
> in the 30-50 watt at 8 Ohm range, though.  Much more than that and it
> would be too big and too expensive for this market.

You might well be right, but i personally would much rather see a small
AMP developed - it would make it much more flexible and would be great
if it somehow attached to the SBr. People say there are loads of AMP's
available, sure there is, but i cant find one that suits my needs
anywhere - small like the SBr, good quality build and sound, and auto
switching so i can hide them both away and never have to worry about
powering the AMP on and off.

It would also obviously be developed to by a separate team than the
SBr/SB3 because its a very different area, so it would make more sense
to have them developed side by side yet separately (i guess Logitech
have teams/departments that deal with AMPs etc).

Not having in integrated AMP would also mean that it could be swapped
out of replacement due to fault or another model.

The Sono's buyer tends to be much less technically minded. They buy
them because they are easy to set up and just work - even the word
plugin scares them. SO if the AMP was well integrated and marketed
right, a lot more people would come over from the Sono's side IMO.

I'm not saying it essential, but it would be nice and they would sell.
Seems to make sense now with over new Logitech overlords :D

--
autopilot

SLIMSERVER:[/B] 7.0 APLHA (WINDOWS XP) + ALIENBBC, SLIMSCROBBLER &
LAST.FM.
*AMP:* CAMBRIDGE AUDIO 640A (LIVING ROOM) / DENON MD30 (BEDROOM).
*SPEAKERS:* MISSION 701'S (LIVING ROOM) / KEF CRESTA 1'S (BEDROOM).
*REMOTE:* T-MOBILE MDA VARIO / HARMONY 525 (IR) / *BETA TESTING JIVE
REMOTE.
[B]Clients:* 1 Squeezebox 3 + Softsqueeze.

'LAST.FM' (http://www.last.fm/user/domrevans/)