If you want the answer to this thread, go back to posting 27 (thanks
Zaragon!). The question has been answered there.

The rest of this posting is going to be my very personal point on that
never-ending NAS story - please forget me being a Logitech employee :-).

> I don't think we need a
> NAS that comes with pre-installed SlimServer, but I do think a small
> computer with pre-installed SlimServer would be of some interest.

Holy moly... Please tell me what the difference between a small computer
and a NAS is? Why would anyone consider a NAS _not_ a server? Who said a
NAS was power efficient? No, don't. No need to tell. It's been said before:

"NAS" is just a product category which covers SOHO devices as well as
enterprise level machines you don't want to have within ear-shot.

A NAS is a computer. Small (one disk, 100USD) or large (dozens of disks,
several 10k USD). Sluggish or blazing fast.
A NAS is a server, mainly a file server.
A NAS is not power efficient per definition. The more disks, the faster
CPU it has, the more power it will suck.
A NAS is not cheaper than a PC if you expect PC grade performance.
A NAS is not too underpowered to run SC if you buy the right one.

But which NAS is "the right one"? There isn't. There's as little "the best
NAS" as there is "the best car". For some users noise-level is important,
but they don't care about a sluggish web interface. Others want at least
four disks, RAID5 and a minimum of five different networking protocols.

Thus... please (please!) start reading instead of asking. There's all the
information about which of the commonly known SOHO NAS devices is the most
powerful (and power consuming, too!), which is easiest to install, which
comes with SC pre-installed. And how you can turn your own computer into a
NAS.

The question comes up _every_ _single_ day. The reason you feel lost in
the amount of information is due to the fact that the nice people in this
forum answer these questions over and over again. I should probably ask
them to stop being nice ;-).

Would someone be willing to put up a NAS FAQ in the wiki to which we could
refer all these requests?

Now please go back to posting 27 and read it carefully to the end.
Promised? Thanks!

Ah... feeling better now :-).