results, please visit http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=43198
Question: Do you agree with this posting?

- Yes
- No
- In the middle

i do a lot of radio station stuff, and we got an infrant 1100 nv+ (which
is rack mountable).

it came with SS pre installed and now it has been bought by netgear,
and the new firmware seemed to update not only the NAS, but SS too.  it
also seems possible to me to update SS without updating the firmware.

we slapped 4 500gig sata drives in it and used xraid, we got 1.3TB.

so, it seems to me to be a nice low energy always on storage server
that you can webaccess and so on.

unfortunately i have not and probably won't get the chance to test it
with my SB at home, but maybe one day i'll see what the SS is like.

so it seems to me this is a natural and good way to do SS with a SB, as
long as the performance on the infrant isn't as bad as its rumored to
be.

assuming that its not bad performance, and assuming that one would be
bothered to set it up, (granted, thats not easy but its a one time
task) i'm not sure what the problem with using a NAS is?

--
MrSinatra

www.LION-Radio.org
Using:
Squeezebox2 w/SS 6.5.5 (beta!?) - Win XP Pro SP2 - 3.2ghz / 2gig ram -
D-Link DIR-655