slimkid;290187 Wrote:
> Hi MrSinatra,
>
> please, help me understand one thing about all this issue. You claim
> that you can't use existing features regarding the BAND option. I
> understand that ALBUMARTIST would work for you (I'm talking internal
> tags). Now, from a limited number of mp3 files I have, it looks like it
> is easy to include ALBUMARTIST tag into ID3V2.3 tags. So, what's
> preventing you from doing it - convert your BAND tags to ALBUMARTIST (I
> used mp3tag tool for that) and be done with it. What am I missing here?

i know its a lot of posts, but i already explained this.

i already have TPE2 tags.  they already are the way i need them to be
if SC7 would only use them for sorting, and not just labeling.

i do not see why i must get yet another program and retag all my stuff
AND all new future stuff.  its a pointless and unnecessary extra step.

if this were simply a case of "island sinatra" then i would do it, but
its not.  a lot, if not the majority of the mp3 marketplace is in the
same boat i am in.

that being the case, SC7 should recognize and respect a "defacto
standard" that affects a lot of people, dare i say, the majority.  its
no different than having SC7 respect the much smaller minority of mp3
users who use the Txxx user defined mp3 fields, but are still a defacto
standard, just of a different type (which are just as non-standard as
using TPE2 as the 'Album Artist' field).

people do download and try this SC7 stuff out, and if it doesn't work
as they believe (and i agree) they think it reasonably should, then
they'll ditch slim, with nary a complaint to anyone.  that should be
avoided at all costs.  i want slim to succeed.  more purchasers make
this stuff cheaper.

--
MrSinatra

www.LION-Radio.org
Using:
Squeezebox2 (primary) / SBR (secondary) / Jive - w/SC 7.0.1beta - Win
XP Pro SP2 - 3.2ghz / 2gig ram - D-Link DIR-655