" Moonloop: Have you tried the latest pre-release version of
SqueezeCenter (7.0.1), which includes a number of connectivity fixes?

http://www.slimdevices.com/dev_nightly.html  "

Thanks for that  Dean , but Customer Services told me that I had the
latest version available for my equipment ( HP MediaSmart Server
running SC 7.0 - 17793
Windows Home Server 2003 -EN - cp1252 ) Is this not the case ? Is the
version slightly tweaked for Servers as opposed to pcs or are they the
same ? I have SC set to check for updates automatically but this
version number hasnt changed since I installed it a month ago .

Its all very frustrating as SB3 works perfectly so there has to be
something different about the Controller as it never connects properly
and crashes the system whenever I try.

Any ideas at all considered :)

~M~

--