ModelCitizen;326834 Wrote:
> Ah, yes of course. This makes perfect sense. I think the idea of capped
> bandwidth and and charging per gb for excess used is spreading too.
> Soon I guess it'll be the main model in the States (it's already the
> main model in the UK and took hold very quickly).
>
> MC

Three cable markets have tried that already in the States. It caused
one to go under because somebody else was offering all you could eat so
everybody switched to them. The other two are still around (barely)
because they had to go back to AYCE at a lower price then they were
charging before the switch just to get half of their customers back.

We have always done things different over here. Just look at how the UK
does Cellular and land line phone calls to how its done here. Over here
both parties get charged for minutes used during a call. And All You
Can Eat is the American way. My Internet bill has gone down by six
dollars a month and my download speeds have gone from 2Mbps by 384Kbps
upload to 21Mbps by 2Mbps over the last three years (steps were 2Mbps
to 6 to 10 to 15 to 21Mbps).

The world is getting ready for Everywhere Video Conferencing and Phone
calls as well as On Demand TV and Movies all of which requires more
bandwidth. If anybody has any disposable income, check into a play on
bandwidth infastructure (a hint is both Corning and Cisco are trading
at a PE below 17, could be something to research there). AT&T is laying
fiber everywhere and the worlds largest OC is being run from Atlanta to
Washington DC to Baltimore to New York.

Of course most of this is just my opinion and YMMV. Currently the surf
is up and only getting higher over here.

--
iPhone

*iPhone*
'Last.FM' (http://www.last.fm/user/mephone)
Media Room:
Transporter, VTL TL-6.5 Signature Pre-Amp, Ayre MX-R Mono Blocks,
Vandersteen Quatro, VeraStarr 6.4SE 6-channel Amp, VCC-5 Reference
Center, four VSM-1 Signatures, Runco RS 900 CineWide AutoScope 2.35:1

Living Room:

Bedroom: SB3, NAD C370, Thiel 2.3
Home Office: SB3, Parasound Vamp v.3, VSM-1 Sigs
Mobile: SB3, Audioengine A5