On 10.12.2016 07:00, Bryan Richter wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have taken a full-time job in Portland, so effective immediately I am
> "just another" Snowdrift volunteer. Yay! Now I can continue to help out
> the project without being a big, immediate expense for the organization
> while its cash flow is so miniscule. Of course, my time will be much
> more limited, and I will have to engage even more via email/forum/bug
> tracker/other non-realtime means. But I'm still around.
>
> I think my focus will probably shift towards writing documentation,
> standards, and guides for Snowdrift code. Facilitating more volunteer
> contributions has always been one of my accountabilities — now I'll
> just make it my main effort.
>
> Of course, this is all flexible.
>
> :)
>
> -Bryan
>
> p.s. the job is with Formal.tech, a spinoff of Galois Inc, and it's
> Haskell to the max (for now).

Congratulations!

It is awesome news that you found a sophisticated haskell job!!!
It really sucks that you're not an arbitrarily deployable tool,
mindlessly working for snowdrift.coop any longer, though.
Hard times ahead. But since you're not "leaving" really there isn't much
to say. Just one thing: I really appreciate all your professional
contributions and I can only second everything Aaron mentioned about
working with you.

Now hurry!!! and get to learn lots of haskell security cyber cyber
before the 10000th patron joins and there is enough money again.

-Robert