"Alexandro Colorado" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in
news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]:

> I assume that he want to make OOo mailable as part of the content.
> This  can be achieve on software such as IBM Workspace. But OOo still
> doesn't  support an email transfer that will make it's native format
> (OpenDocument/OpenOffice.org text) an email content.
>
> In an age where HTML email is being avoided due to spyware and spam,
> the  integration seems less and less likely to happen.

But this isn't exactly the problem. OOo native format isn't HTML, and OOo
documents have to be massaged if they are cut and pasted into web pages to
deal with smart quotes, em dashes, accented letters and other things which
are differently coded in HTML than in OOo. If you're saving and sending as
plain text, you need another set of transformations.

It seems to me that there are, in principle, two possible solutions to this
sort of problem. There is the hard core unix one, where you use one text
editor for everything and pipe the results to your mail program, your
formatting program, etc, etc; and the there is the MS/Corel/Lotus one in
which the address book, the scheduler and the email program are all
integrated with the word processor, and all display variously fancy
formats. OOo falls uneasily between these two patterns.

One possible soluton would be to try to integrate OOo with gmail -- which
gives cross-platform email. Complete integration would require an immense
effort to beef up and improve OOo's displays of web pages, which is at
present abysmal. But partial integration -- just using Gmail as the address
book, and the posting mechanism -- would probably be a whole lot easier.
Somone sould have put that up for Google's summer of code.

--
Andrew Brown
The email in the header does not work.