Drew Jensen wrote:
Bernhard Dippold wrote:
Hi Frank, all,

Frank Schoenheit, Sun Microsystems Germany schrieb:
[...]
We once had a search box at
http://qa.openoffice.org/issue_handling/pre_submission.html which really
queried the issue database, that is, you enter one or more terms, and
all issues containing this term in the summary (not sure if we also
included description) were displayed. Effectively the same as entering
this/those term/s in the query.cgi site, in the right place.

<snip>

Perhaps we should re-introduce the better search box, in multiple places
across the whole site, and see what happens ...

+1

If there is too much traffic, the solution must be an optimization - either of the search algorithm or the site...

Best regards

Bernhard

There is still a search box on
http://qa.openoffice.org/issue_handling/pre_submission.html
- half way down the page - that searches the summary and description fields.

Sorry, hit the send button too soon.

Ok - IMO, the problem may be that on that same page, right at top, is a link "proceed" in bold and green....so I'm guessing folks hit the page, mutter because they wanted to submit an issue and don't like having another page in the middle there, take 3 seconds to see the nice BOLD GREEN word *proceed* and do just that. Forget about them finding the 'Did you search first' part of the page.

Drew