Right, I agree entirely. If they are about uploads only and not requests in general (as I've heard), then they should be renamed or at least expanded upon, for sure.

/charlie

Douglas Knudsen wrote:
Now I've heard the response before that all three settings pertain to uploads, but the below contradicts that. A 'request' in CF terms is not limited to uploads. How this works and where is this queue as it relates to thread counts and such is well, unknown to the public. If they truly are specific to uploads only, then they ought to be renamed, eh?

looking at CF8 docs
http://livedocs.adobe.com/coldfusion/8/htmldocs/basiconfig_05.html#1215023
and CF7 docs...well I can't bloody find it on livedocs.
we have from the cf8 live docs:

Maximum Size Of Post Data

Limits the amount of data that can be posted to the server in a single request. ColdFusion rejects single requests larger than the specified limit.

RequeSt Throttle Threshold

Requests smaller than the specified limit are neither queued nor counted as part of the total memory. Requests larger than the specified limit are counted as part of total memory and are queued if the request throttle-memory size is exceeded.

Request Throttle Memory

Limits total memory size for the throttle. If sufficient total memory is not available, ColdFusion queues requests until enough memory is free.