From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Howard Fore
Sent: Monday, December 17, 2007 5:26 PM
To: discussion@acfug.org
Subject: Re: [ACFUG Discuss] Challenges with CF7 cluster

I don't have any experience with it, but isn't that the point of the
"cookiedomain" attribute in the cflogin tag?

>From the online docs:

Specifying the Internet domain

Use the cookieDomain attribute to specify the domain of the cookie used to
mark a user as logged-in. You use cookieDomain if you have a clustered
environment (for example, www.acme.com, www2.acme.com, and so on). This lets
the cookie work for all computers in the cluster. For example, to ensure
that the cookie works for all servers in the acme.com domain, specify
cookieDomain=".acme.com". To specify a domain name, start the name with a
period.

Caution: Before setting the cookie domain, consider the other applications
or servers in the broader domain might have access to the cookie. For
example, a clustered payroll application at payroll1.acme.com,
payroll2.acme.com, and so on, might reveal sensitive information to the test
computer at test.acme.com, if the cookie domain is broadly set to .acme.com.