I'll add to Robert's comments to say that, even if the articles and
resources are old, at least the concepts should still apply generally. For
people who may be connecting to UPS as their first example of a web
service-based integration, there's more of a challenge just getting up to
speed with doing that in general. I'll point out that I've done articles and
presentations on the subject and it may help you (or others), as much for
the tools and techniques which apply to all web services:

Creating and Consuming Web Services in CFML:
http://carehart.org/presentations/#websvc

CFML Web Services Tips and Tricks:
http://carehart.org/presentations/#websvctips

Exploring Amazon Web Services with CFML: Exploring Amazon Web Services with
CFML

But I appreciate that you may know all that (but the tools can really help),
and are more just looking for specific (and more modern) UPS API integration
examples. Sorry I can't help there.

/charlie