Hey again all,

I was working on a form that is using a <cfinput> tag with the attribute
of "validate="integer"". In testing this form, I was using all types of
different characters trying to get it to blow up and every single time I
used the "$" character and only numbers besides, it would return true
and allow submission. That seemed a little odd to me. I had always
understood "validate="integer"" to mean that the data should contain
only numbers. "$" is certainly not a number.

So, I wanted to try another method of validation. I created a test
template and used the isValid("integer", "testvaluehere") function with
the same data that I had been testing with on the bugged form. Lo and
behold, it also returned true with the "$" character in the data.
However, when using the isNumeric() function, it returned false as
expected.

Has anyone else ever encountered this or does anyone have any input on
this? Is this a known bug?

Troy Jones

Dynapp Support Team

678-528-2952