For now, I have implemented a server side workaround to fix the issue
using REreplace(). It just seemed inconsistent to me that "integer"
would not validate only "integral" data.

Charlie,

I did verify the form.fieldname output by observing what was inserted to
the database that it uses. It did indeed have the "$" character in the
data. What I was looking into and wasn't able to come to a good enough
conclusion to determine anything was the /inetpub/wwwroot/cfide
cfform.js. It appeared that the _cf_checkinteger() function was actually
stripping the "$" character before providing a return value. I also
found that confusing. Isn't the point of determining a data type to see
if it is actually that data type and not strip it and manipulate it
first? Maybe this is where I am missing the boat, if indeed I am missing
the boat.

Anyways, like I said, I have moved on with my own workaround for now. I
was really just picking brains for experience on the matter.

Troy Jones

Dynapp Support Team

678-528-2952