El 2019-11-15 13:51, Daniel Pocock escribió:
> There is a lot of asymmetry when an organization chooses to attack an
> individual volunteer
>
> Volunteers have a right to defend themselves, especially when the
> organization is this corrupt and using the minutes of their AGM to abuse
> people.

I agree absolutely. If there is an asymmetry, then the strongest one
must work to protect and not attack the individual. But how can we
proactive do something about this?

This funding that FSFE receives could reach the most needed. The
strongest projects should receive the least and the others should
receive the most. But after all, I don't think anything can be done by
us. I cannot be sure of the destinations of the funds. But the names of
the companies should be a good map to show it. They are not the best
defenders of freedom. They will always privilege business to freedom. So
this does not sound very good for FSFE's name.

I think that it would be desirable that FSFE would be transparent in
order for people to see them being in reality what they say they are. It
would benefit FSFE also.

Someone that stands up deserves my support. Not everyone has the courage
to do it. Do you have proposals for actions that I can collaborate with
to make a fairer position for you?

Another thing is that it would be good that FSFE would make their
position about Richard Stallman public, as well as their alignment or
not with FSF's policies. These are very gray areas (as I have read by
your comments on previous emails). Their policies about these topics are
not public or are not very visible.

I think that what is happening today is about the same as had happened
when OSI was founded in 1998; same trick, new generation: developers
resented because Richard is not very diplomatic and has his own opinions
(like everyone else) and by the fact that he is very transparent about
them. Those developers are not as freedom-centered as Richard, but they
are very business-oriented. They believe money, amount/quality of code
and popularity are more pragmatic than freedom. So they want to take
control of the movement. I think (as proposed by A. Hilter) that the
free software movement should be controlled by users and not by
developers. But that requires very conscious users and their money or
other resources.

I hope you understand better my proposals now. I am sorry if I have not
explained well before.

Happy hacking!
Quiliro