On Feb 20, 2006, at 10:29 AM, Bill Marquette wrote:

On 2/20/06, Nick Buraglio <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
This is somewhat related...
I just ran the shaping wizard (which I had not done in quite some
time) has it changed much?  It seemed to be a little different to me.

Not visibly - but the rules it generates has changed over time.

OK, I thought it looked a bit different.

Didn't there used to be an option to not use the wizard and create
your own rules (I'm trying to remember how I did it)?

Sure, just create rules - good luck, right now that's not easy and I'm
not going to spend any time supporting user generated rules until we
can make it easy to create them.

That is what I did in the past. I wouldn't ask you to support them, I've been using altq since it's inclusion in openbsd and have always built my own rulesets. I've just never used hfsc till pfsense.

Is there a reason that ssh (bulk and interactive) isn't in the
default protocol list for higher priority?  I remember this from last
time I did it, it seemed odd to me.

Assuming OpenSSH which sets the TOS bits so we can tell, interactive
will be default end up in the ack queues and bulk will end up in the
default queue.  There's intentionally no way of changing these as
outside of OpenSSH, vendors don't tend to set the TOS bits and I don't
believe it's part of the protocol spec to enforce that.  At any rate,
I believe OpenSSH interactive would just end up in the ack queue based
on how pf works anyway.

--Bill

OK, that makes sense now that I see it written down and looked at the rules.

nb