On 2/20/06, Kim C. Callis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> And what differnces and benefits will one get from the
> OpenBSD deployment?

This is just a test image to see if pfsense is screwing up altq in any
way or if it's an OS issue as I suspect.  There will be many
differences and many things not working - which won't be fixed.  The
benefit, determining where the shaper bug is - if the sucky
performance follows the OS, then it's our code, if it performs
wonderfully in openbsd, then it's the OS and we've got something to
report back to the freebsd devs (I've already performed line by line
code comparisons on ALTQ between FreeBSD and OpenBSD - there are no
significant differences).  There is a known bug report for CBQ (that
I've reproduced in pfSense) on FreeBSD, so I've got reason to suspect
it's not our code (although it's not out of the question, I've
certainly created and fixed enough bugs in it ;))

With that said, we did make a timing change on the embedded platform
that may or may not affect ALTQ.  If this is the platform you are
having issues on, I'd appreciate you trying
http://www.pfsense.com/~sullrich/1.0-BETA1-TESTING-SNAPSHOT-2-19-06/
and reporting back.

--Bill