On Wed, Jan 18, 2006, E L wrote about "Re: OpenOffice 2 CD's":
> The problem with open office is different IMOH, once it is an openoffice cd
> and the openoffice
> itself is heavily depended on non free techonology it seems weird to me to
> support such a cd.

I have a "she'elat tam". Does OpenOffice actually depend on Java? For doing
what? Oh my system, I deliberately did not install Java for several years,
but used OpenOffice just fine. What kind of fabulous functionality was I
missing?

Note that Fedora Core, for example, and probably most Linux distributions, do
not distribute Sun's Java, but do distribute OpenOffice. What are they losing
by doing that? Or are they using some sort of free Java alternative, or
something?

--
Nadav Har'El                        |    Wednesday, Jan 18 2006, 18 Tevet 5766
Phone +972-523-790466, ICQ 13349191 |"Luck is when preparation meets