On 12/10/2016 22:09, Nathaniel Smith wrote:
On Wed, Oct 12, 2016 at 7:05 AM, Robin Becker <ro...@reportlab.com> wrote:
Any manylinux experts here?
+OPENSSL_ROOT=openssl-1.0.2j
+OPENSSL_HASH=e7aff292be21c259c6af26469c7a9b3ba26e9abaaffd325e3dccc9785256c431

If you could submit a quick PR for this to the manylinux repo then
that'd be helpful.

I will attempt this, but I'm not too familiar with github as yet. I guess I have to fork etc etc.

[...]

It's not the pydtrace stuff that's new, it's that Benjamin switched
them to use some exotic C99 features to get feedback on whether those
features are usable:
    https://bugs.python.org/issue28092#msg276164

I suspect that this will get reverted again before 3.6-final given
that it does in fact cause problems...

ok, probably that should have been conditional on gcc version or something.

That said, I'm surprised that it's causing problems in the manylinux
docker image. The default compiler on CentOS 5 is gcc 4.1, which
definitely can't build 3.6.0b2. But the build scripts should be
downloading and using gcc 4.8 instead, and 4.8 should be able to build
3.6.0b2. So apparently one of those shoulds is wrong. First step is
probably to figure out exactly what version of gcc the Python build is
using.

I can volunteer some effort for trying to figure out what's going wrong. I did not use the deploy.sh script so perhaps my dockering was wrong somehow

I did this

> docker build -f Dockerfile-x86_64 -t rl/manylinux-x86_64 .

-n

--
Robin Becker