+1 from me. While I dislike the fact that "2.0" was put to use prematurely, using "2.1" is still less confusing than going from 2.0 to 1.3.

Nick Coghlan kirjoitti 20.01.2018 klo 05:07:
On 19 January 2018 at 00:14, Joni Orponen <j.orpo...@4teamwork.ch> wrote:
On Thu, Jan 18, 2018 at 5:58 AM, Nick Coghlan <ncogh...@gmail.com> wrote:
Given that, I think it would be reasonable to finally Withdraw PEP 426
(rather than continuing to defer it), and have PEP 566 define metadata
version 2.1, so that it's unambiguously the latest metadata version.
Jump straight to 3.0 to clear out any confusion and/or ambiguity on the next
backwards-incompatible one?
While we could do that, wheel's use of "2.0" actually stems from early
drafts of PEP 426, and PEP 566 *is* backwards compatible with that.

So I like 2.1 - higher than everything previously used, but an
incremental update to the early versions of 426 before we/I started
imagining a ground up redesign of the metadata definition.