On 11/07/2018 17:29, Ian Stapleton Cordasco wrote:
1) I think it is completely wrong for twine/pypi to fail to upload because
of the license field. The license is derived from BSD
and the same string is present in the previously uploaded versions of this
package. What are valid licenses? Presumably pypi is
now a gatekeeper for the license police.

This seems harmfully rude and presumptive. I've explained the problem
you're encountering above. Please assume the best going forward

it's my bad, it was a real question. If pypi alone determines the valid classifiers I would like to know how to make a list of classifiers that will satisfy before creating a package. The previous answer says there is a list so I can use that.

--
Robin Becker