On 07/12/18 09:41, Robin Becker wrote:
On 11/07/2018 17:28, Paul G wrote:
I think the classifier you want is `License :: Other/Proprietary License`, but you can choose the most appropriate one from the list.

Actually I'm not sure this is correct. The license is actually the BSD one, but derived in the standard way. So it's not proprietary and it's not standard BSD unless make BSD license a generic term. This https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BSD_licenses seems to suggest I should just use BSD.

The OSI approved BSD licences are listed on the OSI pages:
https://opensource.org/licenses/BSD-3-Clause
https://opensource.org/licenses/BSD-2-Clause
(full list: https://opensource.org/licenses/alphabetical)

The Reportlab licence is listed as "BSD License (BSD license (see license.txt for details)", but, AFAICS, none of the downloadable files actually include a license.txt file. (This means redistributing these files is against either of the BSD licences – they both say "Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer.")