Hi all,

Side note / side track / I've noticed this recently. Was adding LICENSE file
ever a default for distutils/setuptools to add too sdsists? Has that changed
recently?

I build wheels from sdists from PyPI (to link with my own internal versions of
C libraries etc. - I don't like to trust binaries from the Internet - Call me
old fashioned) and sometimes this fails as there is no LICENSE file (wheel
requires a LICENSE). So to fix this, I go fork the project and add the
MANIFEST.in and include the file. If this never was, or was before, how do we
feel about making LICENSE file included by default into sdists?

P.s. If I should make a separate thread please say so.

Cooper